img13

PRAMIT

Pravasi Mitra (Helpline)

Ambassador Profile

Sandeep Chakravorty Consul General

MEA FACEBOOK MEA YOUTUBE MEA TWITTER MEA LINKEDIN

History of the Building

The Consulate building is a part of the Upper East Side Historic District, as declared by the Landmarks Preservation Commission of New York in 1981. It was built in 1903, for Ms. Carrie Astor (later known as Mrs. Orme Wilson) as a private residence. In 1950, it was bought by the Government of India and came to be known as New India House. The building houses the Consulate General of India since then. The Beaux Arts street facade is constructed of Indiana Limestone with a mansard roof of blue slate. The design is in the manner of Percier and Fontaine, who revived the French Renaissance style of Hardouin Mansart. View More

Interior & Exterior of Consulate






View All

img13

TENDERS

img13

CONTACT US

img13

OCI

VISA

PASSPORT

MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES

img13

EMERGENCY SERVICES

img13

PRAMIT

Pravasi Mitra (Helpline)

img13

Careers/Jobs at Consulate